Sunday, June 12, 2011

Neighbors

Belle has made many friends of the neighbors who live in our building. Though I've lived here three years longer than Belle has, no one knows my name. I once got in the elevator on my way to a tutoring session. Belle was in the apartment with a babysitter. A nice woman, whom I recognize but whose name I don't know (and I'm sure she doesn't know mine) asked me where Belle was. This afternoon, Belle and I got into the elevator and an older woman looked at Belle and said, "Oh! I remember you! You're that happy baby from the tenth floor!"

It's seems that Belle has acquired quite a reputation among our neighbors.

Incidentally, Belle and I were on our way home having walked by the red carpet hoopla and excitement of the 65th annual Tony Awards that were taking place live just ten blocks south of us on Broadway at the Beacon Theater. Pretty exciting. Leaving NYC will surely be bitter sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment