Friday, June 24, 2011

Cereal as blush

This morning, I met my mom friends in Central Park five minutes late. On-time used be late to me, but now I am lucky if I get anywhere only five minutes after the meeting time.

Anyway, the walk was wonderful, as usual. After, we grabbed a cup of coffee, then three of walked half a mile to the grocery store. I shopped, then walked home. Juts before I got into the shower, I noticed that some of Belle's breakfast cereal has found its way onto my cheek. And had apparently been there since I fed her at 9am. Which was before the walk. And before the coffee break and the errands and the walk home. No one told me that I logged miles around the Upper West Side sporting infant food on my face like blush.

So, I guess this is the new mom me: I get places late with baby food on my face. Awesome.

On a related note, I neglected to label the purees I made for Belle and stored in our freezer. I figured I could tell what they were by looking at them. This morning, I defrosted what I thought was pureed peaches that I then mixed into her breakfast cereal (the same cereal that served as blush on my cheek all morning). It turned out that I had grabbed and defrosted lentils instead of peaches. Ooops. Lucky for me, Belle is not a food snob and enjoyed her lentil cereal as much as she usually enjoyed her fruiting cereal. My cheek also seemed to tolerate the lentil cereal well.

No comments:

Post a Comment