Tuesday, March 1, 2011

An 'old Seren' day

Today felt like my days used to be: packed with back-to-back activities. I was busy around the apartment in the morning. I marinaded the fish for dinner, paid bills, sent emails, did laundry. Then we went to Central Park and joined three other moms and babies for a power walk through the Park that ended with a exercises at the benches near the Band Shell (gluts, quads, and triceps). From the walk, we skipped coffee with the moms and headed straight to Mommy and Me Yoga. I fed and changed Belle, grabbed a bite myself, and had time for a few breathes before our yoga class. Belle's favorite instructor Jhothi Larson, who literally wrote the book on Mommy and Me Yoga, was out, but we enjoyed the class anyway. After class, I chatted with a friend, stopped by the post office, and visited our next-door-neighbor before finally getting home for a snack and a shower. And Belle was a champ throughout, until 3:30pm when she had a mini-meltdown. She is now napping calmly and sweetly. It was a busy, productive, active, wonderful day. I felt a bit like my old self again today. Only better because I enjoyed the day with Belle.

No comments:

Post a Comment