Sunday, March 6, 2011

Showing Mommy who is the boss

As Craig posted, I enjoyed a wonderful weekend with three friends from Avon High School. They traveled from Philly, Avon and Boston to stay at an Upper West Side hotel so we could spend time together. Belle joined us for most of the girl time, but Craig was on Belle duty when we ladies indulged in spa pedicures and manicures in the afternoon. With nails done and feeling relaxed, the girls returned to their hotel to rest so I went home to see our visiting family, feed Belle, and get ready for dinner.

Dinner at Citrus was fantastic. We four old friends had a ball catching up, reminiscing, laughing (it felt so good to laugh) and just being together. After dinner, we walked around a bit and found ourselves at a fun bar to continue the conversation. At midnight, I realized that the last time I was awake at midnight, I had been asleep for two hours prior. And so I bid adieu to my friends and returned home to kiss Craig and Belle and pump.

I finally crawled into bed after 1am exhausted but happy. Belle woke up to eat at 4am and then to play at 5:45am. Holding Belle just after 6am, she pooped. Through her pajamas. Onto my t-shirt.


(The lavender shirt on the left is mine, the pink and green outfit is Belle's, and the mustard-colored blobs are poop.)

After I cleaned her up and fed her, she pooped again. So, after sleeping only a few hours, I cleaned two poopy diapers and scrubbed the poop out of two articles of clothing, all before 7:30am.

Belle is happy enough to let me enjoy some time away from her, but she is sure to remind me immediately upon my return that she is my boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment