Friday, March 18, 2011

Stumping the doctor

I called the doctor to find out what water I could put in a sippy cup (I had read that infants should avoid too much fluoride, and I wondered if the tap water contained too much fluoride for Belle). While I had her on the phone, I asked the doctor about spraying a detangler into Belle's hair. I remember my mother spraying Johnson&Johnson's detangler into my knotted hair when I was a child to ease the discomfort of hair brushing. Well, when Belle is in her stroller and she moves her head back and forth, she creates a rat's nest of the back of her hair that is difficult to comb out, even with water.

The doctor paused. "No one had ever asked me about using a detangler on such a young baby. Hmmm...let me think..." I stumped the doctor. Belle's long, thick hair (for a six-month-old, anyway) stumped the doctor.

Interested in her ultimate answer?:
"I don't see why not [I'm sure the doc did not intend the pun], just be aware that her skin is quite sensitive so keep an eye out for skin irritation on the back of neck and scalp."

No comments:

Post a Comment