Friday, March 4, 2011

Thank goodness for seltzer

When I was pregnant, Craig introduced me this great website called Sh*t My Kids Ruined (Or otherwise made filthy, distasteful, gross or painful.) The Huffington Post noted that the website makes for effective birth control. I'm not ready to submit anything to that website just yet, but we're getting closer.

This morning, Belle was sitting up playing with her ball and her Sophie the Giraffe on the couch. She stopped playing for a moment and looked out at the living room and then I noticed that look on her face: that poop look. I picked her up, but it was too late. She pooped through her diaper and left a tiny reminder of this morning's playtime on our couch. Before I changed her, I used seltzer and a clean, white paper towel on the couch, which I think is good as new (though I'm switching the couch cushions around and not telling anyone which one was the scene of the crime). Then I put the greatest gift my mother gave me to good use: the Clorox Bleach Pen. Belle, her clothes, and the couch are nice and clean.

It's a good idea to keep seltzer in the house. And Shout or Stain Stick. And bleach. And then it's a good idea to go shopping for nicer furniture when the kids go off to college.

No comments:

Post a Comment